1) Someone went to the trouble of analyzing profanity usage online in Halo 2. Sure, you knew it was there, but did you know there were 0.23 more racial epithets than averrals of sexual preference per hour? 0.23. Hm. That would be, like “ga” but you know, that could really go either way so I’m thinking the stats may need work.
2) Critics love movies like “Big Momma’s House 2”. No, really, they do. Because it lets them exercise their creativity in that way only irredeemably bad movies can.
“A partial list of things that are more amusing than Big Momma’s House 2: Beverly Hills Cop, Fletch, the original Big Momma’s House, every sitcom currently on TV, open-heart surgery.”
— Kyle Smith, NEW YORK POST
“Big Momma’s House 2 is an atrocious film. But what’s even more frightening is that Hollywood thinks people will find it funny.”
— Tom Long, DETROIT NEWS
“If you thought Big Momma’s House was funny, then two things are probably true: 1) You are stupid. 2) You will also think Big Momma’s House 2 is funny.”
— Eric D. Snider, ERICDSNIDER.COM
“Its idiocy is boundless, its senselessness without end, its unendurability beyond description…”
— MaryAnn Johanson, FLICK FILOSOPHER
The winner? The writer who completely ignored the movie itself and went on a page-long riff about Big Momma 2’s unintentionally deep PR announcement.
3)\’c2\~ Some statistics for you this morning:
- “Yulgang”, a Korean MMO, hits 260,000 peak concurrent users in China
- “Audition”, another Korean MMO I pointed out earlier, hits 400,000 peak concurrent users in China
- “World Of Warcraft”, technically not a Korean MMO, hits 500,000 peak concurrent users in China
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to learn Mandarin.